This project is an oldie but a goodie. We taped clear Contact Paper to the window, sticky-side out, and drew a target area on it.
Fill the target area with tissue paper pieces. Experiment with how sticky the paper is by touching it frequently and placing your whole hand on it to feel the stickiness.
When I made the tissue paper squares for Starboy, I kept them together in a basket so they would be easy to access.
But he kept dumping them out so they would be easier to find and I finally convinced him to at least keep the papers on a tray. Sort of.
I also added some shiny, red, heart-shaped confetti to add interest to the activity and the final artwork. I set up two target areas, with the hope of making "one to keep and one to share," but ultimately that ended up in a slower creation process and an unwillingness to "share" any of it. Ah, the joys of being Two.
We sealed the artwork with another layer of Contact Paper so the sticky sides are stuck together. There were a lot of placements outside the target area. To avoid this, I could have trimmed closer to the heart shape, though I did think it was useful for Starboy to experiment with "inside" and "outside" as well as both following and redefining the instructions.
Then I cut inside the lines to isolate the heart shape, and we taped the finished product to the window!. I might have used this as a chance for Starboy to practice cutting, but at the end of the day, and at the end of a week when he's been sick, he wouldn't have had patience for it. I also cut some hearts out of the "bonus" placement area, because Starboy seemed a bit upset that it would have been discarded. This ended up in a nicer display than I had planned!
Post a Comment